So, it's been years since I've last been to Lagoon. When I was little, Kristen and I had season passes and we would go by ourselves. I had always thought Lagoon was fairly lame until I discovered the beauty of roller coasters.
You see, faithful reader, I must make a confession.
My older sister is *hushed whisper as my eyes dart around conspiratorially* a wimp.
That's right, I said it.
I spent the better part of my life believing that "Puff the Magic Dragon" (the ride) was a fun "roller coaster".

I had to plead with her to ride "Jet Stars"
And "Colossus" was out of the question.
So, Lagoon never had much appeal. When you're fourteen years old and going to Lagoon means that you have to go to Pioneer Village to WALK AROUND, or ride Puff, you can understand why I wouldn't jump for joy at the prospect.
But in the air of participating in Company Lagoon Day, my four year estrangement came to an end. Not just an end. I decimated the estrangement. I was initially expecting my sister Karlee to play the stick in the mud this time--we all know that Kristen isn't going to ride anything that goes fast, in a loop, or requires a seat belt, but to my surprise, Karlee agreed to live Lagoon to its fullest.
Now how would we do this? Our solution to experience the most of Lagoon was to ride "The Catapult", "The Sky Coaster" (for those of you unfamiliar with Lagoon, those are the rides you have to pay extra for because they're intense) and any other upside down, twirly ride I could find.

And, like any good person, I made sure I got the video. Unfortunately, the video guy and Lagoon's corporate mischieviousness decided to make it a different file type than this would let me put up. But, maybe some day, (when I figure out how to fix it) I can get the video up. For now, you will just have to imagine.
We were a little afraid that Karlee's mouth would get the better of her. Little known fact about my cuddly little sister is that she can swear like a sailor. She tries not to, but suffice it to say we were all impressed that she didn't let loose a nice string of four letter words.
Imagine my surprise when Lagoon was actually fun. I would have never guessed! However, I had to duck out early, because my insistence on riding the upside-down, twirly rides was not a decision that my stomach agreed with.

No comments:
Post a Comment