It all started one fateful day.
My dad was away at Youth Conference, which means that its a time to party for us girls minus Kandice. This usually means that we get to eat Chinese, because my dad is normally vehemently opposed to eating Chinese.Karlee, my mom, and I were having a joyous time eating our Seafood Soup and Orange Chicken, drowning our sorrows in 8 oz glasses of water.
I have always known that I've grown up in a well hydrated household, when you have to inform waitresses to bring pitchers to serve the whole family, it's fairly obvious. However, tonight was just one more obvious experience that we drink way too much water.After partaking of the fifth glass of water, wetting our parched whistles, the waitress (who by way of a strange turn of events is one of Karlee's friends) seemed moderately upset when she noticed the empty glasses. And, for some reason, she felt like chatting.
"Wow, you guys drink a lot of water." She commented.
We, being VERY familiar with waitresses who don't like HAVING TO DO THEIR JOB, respond with our usual chuckle and apologetic smile. But this waitress was not about to be dissuaded.
"No, seriously. Like how often do you pee? Do you have to get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom? Because I would pee all the time."
Suddenly, our Orange Chicken didn't seem so appetizing.
Now, you would laugh and say what a freak occurrance that is...right?
Not more than TWO DAYS LATER Karlee and I went to another Chinese restaurant by my work. This one always makes me feel a little sad because she chats with me in Chinese, but hers is really fast with a Bejing accent and I'm not as good as I used to be. That being said, I still can hold my own. So, imagine my surprise when our CHINESE waitress points out how much water we drink and asks us if we need to go to the bathroom.
Anyone starting to see a pattern here?
Now I'm paranoid. I can't enjoy Chinese in peace because every time I go to take a sip of water, I'm always looking over my shoulder at the waitress.
Because I don't drink THAT much.
Though, I should probably go now that I've talked about it.
No comments:
Post a Comment