Friday, October 22, 2010

Moth Wars

So it begins.

After school yesterday, I was struck with the "brilliant" idea to clean my apartment top to bottom, sanitizing as I went. I'm normally a pretty clean person, but when I looked at my bathroom countertop, I realized I had let myself go.

(This really does have a point)

Amid my gusto, I forgot that I left a pan full of potstickers on the stove.

Therefore, when the soft billowing smoke began setting off my smoke alarm, I first cursed the fact that my now fresh apartment was going to smell all smoky.

But wait, there's more.

In an effort to save my lungs from the potsticker smoke, I opened all my doors and windows--standard procedure in my almost fire, right?

Unfortunately, two guests decided to join me.

Yep, you guessed it, moths.

Now, I recognize that many people might think, 'a moth, really? who cares?' Answer: I do. I don't remember who, but I had a friend that was afraid of moths. I laughed at them then, even mocked them.

But the fact remains, moths are annoying.

And dusty.

And fly around the lights--man! That is so annoying!

One moth was easily cornered and captured in a flood of paper towels. The other? Well, lets just say he's a little more clever.

I'm too cheap to buy bug spray, and I know that if I can get him with the kitchen cleaner (because that is where he's living now), I can kill him. But I've also accidentally sprayed myself in the face, sprayed my entire kitchen with bleach, and stayed up until two in the morning trying to catch a moth.

But don't worry, I am determined to win.

Even if it kills me.

Which...it might. So if you find my bleached away carcass on the floor of my kitchen, just don't tell anybody that I died from a "Moth Related Accident."

That's far too embarrassing.

No comments:

Post a Comment